As summer is revving up in full force, many are thinking about getting fresh air and spending time outside. For most, enjoying the outdoors means enjoying the outside of your home. While the initial thought is to redo your landscape, there can be other ways to revive your home’s exterior appearance. Here are some ways to spark your creativity and boost your curb appeal!
- Replace Front Door: The front door is typically the first part of your home that catches the attention. While this could be a simple new paint job, having a fresh front door changes the look of your entire house. Having a pop of color adds a fun flare to your curb appeal!
- Exterior Paint Job: This is a pricier option, but repainting the outside of your house can immensely impact your home’s appearance. Painting the outside of your house is a quick fix, yet long lasting. It is important to contact a consultant in order to ensure top quality. Typical areas to consider are the type of paint, the color choice with respect to the house’s surface, and the amount of colors needed. Although the cost of paint can be daunting- make sure you are getting the best option to make the update last!
- Update Garage: Perhaps the most underrated fix, your garage! Garage doors are a long term investment, and one of the most visible features of your house. If you’re on a budget or just wanting a simple upgrade, some sanding and new paint will do the job. However, a complete garage replacement is never a bad option. This does require professional help on the installation, but nonetheless will transfigure your home for years to come.
- Clean Windows: Sparkling windows are eye candy. If you have a one story home, window cleaning can be a DIY job, but anything taller most likely calls for the professionals. Ideally, you could plan your window cleaning to take place on a cloudy day, helping with the appearance of sun streaks. Squeaky, clean windows make your home twinkle with a summer glow.
- Pressure Washing: Cleaning off your sidewalk, patio and driveway offers a great way to affordably freshen up the surfaces. Having clean concrete will make the house and landscape a bigger focal point. A great weekend project, using a high-pressure hose can be satisfying and worthwhile.
Whether you are looking for a quick fix or a bigger, durable change, these projects can give your home that fresh touch. Hire some help or have the family give you a hand as you begin your summer with a stunning house!