These are difficult times. There’s just no way to sugar coat it. Uncertainty, anxiety, stress, fear and many other emotions are being felt all around the world and much of it is out of our control. However, in the midst of chaos, there is always a silver lining and that’s what we want to focus on.
Our concern and compassion for our community, coworkers, family and friends is at the heart of every decision we make. Supporting local businesses, restaurants and health care facilities is a top priority. Reaching out to neighbors and those in need is critical at times like these. It’s also important to listen to the experts, dissect pertinent information and focus on the facts.
Seven Gables is leading the way in providing multi-tiered solutions for our agents to continue to provide the best and most advanced services available to you. The California Association of Realtors (CAR) has come out with a list of Best Practices Guidelines to assist our agents in serving their clients, colleagues and the greater public while also reducing the risk of exposure to, and spread of, COVID-19.
Here is CAR’s Best Practices Simplified and how it benefits you:
- Virtual Home Tours & Open Houses: Our agents have a full arsenal of virtual tools and resources available to connect with you. Showings are by appointment only.
- If a Virtual Tour Can’t Be Avoided: One agent and no more than two other individuals can be in the home at the same time. The seller may remain on the property but is not allowed in the home while others are viewing it. Anyone on the property must adhere to Social Distancing guidelines of 6-feet separation. Anyone entering the property must be in good health, wash their hands or use hand sanitizer prior to entry, and wear gloves and a protective mask.
- Disinfecting After Showings: While wearing protective gear, Seven Gables’ agents will follow the CDC guidelines on how to best disinfect and clean surfaces and will disinfect the property per those guidelines when the showing is complete.
- Professional Photography & Videography: These services are still allowed and crucial to the success of selling your home for top dollar. Seven Gables agents are connected to a full range of photography professionals offering a powerful suite of features.
- Home Staging: Only virtual home staging is allowed, not physical. Virtual staging is a dynamic way of staging a home and offers a range of styles that best suit a home.
- Electronic Documentation Only: All listing and purchase agreements, offer acceptances, depositing of funds and any other contracts must be done electronically.
- Inspections & Investigations: Buyer inspections, agent’s visual inspection, appraisals, contractor bids & repairs, fumigation tents, final walk throughs etc. are all permitted if they are required in the purchase agreement.
- Escrow & Title: Electronic signatures and notaries are strongly encouraged. If necessary, mobile notaries will be used.
These are the facts as we know them today but, as you know, things are changing rapidly. We will continue to educate and inform you as best as we can while not losing sight of what’s most important – our community, our health workers, our local businesses and you.
From our family to yours,
Seven Gables Real Estate