With Halloween quickly approaching this weekend, you can still celebrate the season with new and innovative festivities. If you are concerned about COVID-19 related risks, we have provided some creative precautions to make this the most memorable Halloween yet! Both kids and adults can enhance their Halloween celebrations with these helpful Halloween tips!
Your Halloween weekend can include many entertaining options such as fun outdoor activities, scary movies and spooky treats! Playing a Halloween game or listening to a Halloween playlist can set the mood this season. Making fall crafts and decorating around your home will help to set the tone for Halloween. Here are some fun ideas to help you celebrate Halloween this year!
- Carving or decorating pumpkins with members of your household to display
- Decorating the outside or inside of your home in festive themes
- A Halloween scavenger hunt located outdoors for children
- A virtual Halloween party held over zoom
- Holding a virtual Halloween costume contest for friends and family members
- Halloween movie marathon with family members
- Trick-or-treating for children in your own home
- Leaving individually packaged candies at the end of the driveway
- Delivering festive treats to loved ones
- Visiting an outdoor pumpkin patch
- Drive-Thru Haunted House
- Craft a spooky cocktail
- Curl up with a classic Halloween book
- Virtual escape rooms
It is always recommended by the CDC to wear a protective face covering and to practice social distancing if you are participating in Halloween this year. Make sure to thoroughly wash your hands if preparing food or beverage options for guests. It is important to keep traditions intact and celebrating the holiday’s will help us to maintain our sense of normalcy during these turbulent times. Remember to play it safe this year and have fun celebrating this spooky season!